Testing writing blogs before we leave. Sherri and will fly out of Springfield Saturday June 8th at 3PM. We will arrive in Atalanta just before 6PM east coast time. When then board our flight to Heathrow airport at 10:45 and arrive London at 12:15 PM on June 9th.
The plan is to grab a taxi to Gayton Marina and pick up the boat Sunday late afternoon. Were not sure if we will stay in Gayton the first night or travel to the next village before the sun goes down.
I will try to blog when we stop for the night and post as soon as I have wireless available. I will also post as many pictures and videos as I can.
I am sure Sherri will be posting her point of view as well.
I want to thank Geri of Adelman Travel (sister in-law) for helping us book this trip. She has handled all the details of travel and reservations for hotel and boat. Her help certainly reduced the stress of planning. Now all we have to do is decide what to pack.
Later.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThe sun stays up longer up north, so you will have plenty of time to head out and find somewhere to tie up for the night. And the gentle rocking of the boat will most likely help you sleep.
DeletePlease post a little map of your canal. Thanks, and have a GREAT time.