Day 2. I awoke around 6:30 despite needing more sleep. Sherri was still asleep so I got up and walked around the village. I discovered that the villages don't wake up till 10 am. No food, no coffee, no diet coke.
I walked back to the boat to wait for Sherri to wake which was around 9 am. As she was getting ready for the day, I enjoyed a visit with Bob, another boater.
We walked into the village and visited the canal museum were we found some much needed coffee and diet coke.
We left Stoke Bruerne and immediately came to our first locks of the day. Five in total. There was a boat in the first lock and he waved us in to join him. To conserve water, it is customary to buddy up with another boat and go through the locks together.
I stayed on the boat and piloted it to the second lock. Our buddy, a very experienced boater, encouraged us to go into the lock at the same time. We accomplished this with 6"-8" of clearance on each side. I left the boat to help with the lock operation and Sherri piloted the next 3 locks. I walked from lock to lock to help operate..
We decided to eat lunch in the late afternoon and began looking for a pub. We soon discovered that pubs don't serve food in the afternoon. So we had a pint and continued to on across the countryside.
We soon came to Wolverton. On the outskirts of Wolverton we found a pub that served everyday all day. We also caught up to the college students from the night before. They were turning around to go back. We said our goodbyes and snapped a photo.
We stopped in Wolverton for provisions and decided to moor for the night.
What time is sunset?
ReplyDeleteIt takes a bit to slow down to England standards. We are so used to rushing and trying to cram in too much. At the B&B's we stayed in, breakfast wasn't usually served until 8:30 or later. And yes, pubs serve lunch and dinner. Sorry I forgot to mention that to you. Hope you bought coffee and diet cokes for the boat!
We have now stocked up on bacon, diet coke and coffee
ReplyDeleteSunst not until just after 9pm
ReplyDelete